9. August 2005

WORKAROUND: The RPC server is unavailable.

WORKAROUND: The RPC server is unavailable.

Do you expecting problems with Media Player 9/10 and your portable mp3 player when trying to sync?
I was looking around on the net wich service this could be that is responsible for that error.

Finally I found out, that the service "DCOM Server Process Launcher" (Provides launch functionality for DCOM services.) iss the bad one that wasn`t startet. Must have been left from my service list tweak, that I`ve put it to "manual" and it wouldn`t be startet if needed.
So this is what I have done:

start -> run -> services.msc
selected "DCOM Server Process Launcher" and changed Startup Type to "Automatic" and startet the service.

It seems to work now, but now I have to find out, why and to what format the files are converted now ? I`m faster with explorer copying the songs manual.